At this time we have several openings for the SGF Event Camp July 15 - 18. Eric Dierks and Doug Payne will be returning and Leigh Fischer will be teaching on Mon. Click here for more information and registration forms.
There will be a limited number of individual lessons available on a 'space available' basis. Click here for more information and registration.
All the instructors a fabulous and we have a great time and we would love for you to join the fun.
Friday, June 7, 2013
We are excited to be welcoming Lucinda Green back for the 18th year!! Wow, I can't believe it's been that long! For many of you, you know the drill, but for those who haven't below is a memo that Lucinda has asked be to forward to all clinic participants.
• The first day we will be using stadium jumps to study Cross - Country technique.
• The second day we will be out on the Cross - Country course --- consolidating …
• There will be no dressage work on either day.
• Please be warmed up by lesson time, but no jumping.
• You need to come equipped, both yourself and your horse, as for Cross - Country on both days. Please bring following equipment:
.... Skull cap (with harness that fits);
.... Body Protector;
.... Non leather gloves (if worn), Leather can slip;
.... Spurs - please bring with you to the lesson --- don't wear them unless you usually do;
.... Jumping whip (obligatory).
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We don't want to waste time searching for tack, etc., or if we need to experiment......
• If you do not usually wear a running martingale, it is worth knotting one under the neck (or bring a breastplate attachment in your pocket) - do not forget stops on the reins.
• Do not attach the martingale to the reins if you do not usually wear one.
• Please bring to the actual lesson any other bit that you ... or someone else ... might need to try out.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I know this sounds very bossy --- my apologies --- but I really look forward to working with you ...
I'm still waiting for the final payment from 3 people. If you would like me to send you an invoice so you can pay by credit card please let me know. I also haven't heard from some of you as to what you're going to be bringing for the pot luck lunch. Believe it or not, for the first time in 18 years we're actually going to have time for lunch on both days, so be sure to bring plenty of food to share. We will be setting up lunch under the top covered bleachers as that worked well last year. If you need an electrical outlet to heat something up in a crock pot you will have to bring it up to the house and plug it in on the front porch. I also have an extra refrigerator if you need to keep something cold.
For those who have not been here before here's a link to directions to the farm and a map of the farm to help you find your way around. For those who are stabling, feel free to help yourself to any stall. Please remember to strip your stall before leaving.
Below is the schedule. I apologize in advance to some of you because I ended up having to schedule you earlier because of various scheduling conflict. I hope everyone is OK with it. Please plan on coming early or staying later to watch and of course help set fences. BTW, we will be in the sand show jumping ring the first day so there will be no need for studs ;) However, I do request that you wear a medical armband every day especially if you are traveling alone.
Auditors are welcome and each clinic participant is welcome to bring one person with them at no charge. Auditing is $20 with members of Pony Club, NEOMTA, Area VIII Adult Rider & Young Rider programs pay $10.
If you have any questions e-mail me. We're looking forward to another great clinic with Lucinda!!
Posted by Jackie Smith at 11:04 PM