Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Equicision Clinic

The clinic started with a demo on horseback
There was a great turnout at the Equicision Clinic last Sat.  I think we all learned a lot and had a good time.  Below is an excerpt from one of the participants. 

Mike demonstrating exercises with the exercise ball
" Thank you for having the Equicision clinic at South Farm!  My goal in attending was to find out what my current weaknesses are and how to improve on them.  Mike pointed out some new problem areas and gave me the tools to fix them.  I appreciate that!   Now I need to start practicing!

Several years ago, we saw Mike lecture at Equine Affaire.   I'd been dealing with my lower back injury for some time and gradually deteriorating physically to where I wasn't able to even sit or stand comfortably.  Riding was out of the question!  After years of visiting a variety of doctors who told me nothing was wrong and there wasn't anything they could do to help me, I'd given up.   Then we stumbled upon a very early equicision lecture where I learned to stop saying I can't and start saying I can.   I've continued to build on that basis , and now I'm doing things I wasn't sure I could do ever again.   Some days it still amazes me at how simple exercises have improved my quality of life so dramatically..." 

I'm hoping to hear from more clinic participants.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie

    Just a quick thank you for organizing the Equicision Clinic for NEOMTA. After years of pilates and yoga, it is nice to add another dimension of fitness to my riding. Mike Pilato/Equicision offered me exercises that are specific to riding plus inclusion of a cardio program. It’s tough getting old with injuries but I do want to keep on riding and eventing and doing it safely. Once again thanks, hope Mike can make it to Stone Gate in the future.

    Karen Chandell

    ReplyDelete